December Wellness Events Presented by Ms. Mitchell (SAC)

December’s theme of the month is Winter Wellness.

During the month of December Manchester Regional will promote and encourage students to prioritize their mental and physical wellness. There are some activities planned for the upcoming weeks which Ms. Mitchel is excited to share with you all.

Thursday December 5

Winter Wellness Student Questionnaire

During lunch, students will be asking their peers to complete a brief questionnaire on stress management and coping skills. Student answers with additional healthy winter habits will be displayed on a bulletin board in the cafeteria for students to reference.

Tuesday, December 10- Human Rights Day

Peer Mediators welcome students to join them in the Falcon’s Lounge as they create their “What does Human Rights Mean to You?” activity during lunches.

Thursday, December 12

Extended Period 1

Circle topic: Conflict Management

(Template Attached)

Tuesday December 17

Students have the opportunity to volunteer and give a smile to those in need. The Falcon’s Lounge will be facilitating the Color A Smile activity where students create drawings to be mailed out, in an effort to spread cheer.

For more information please visit the Color A Smile website:

https://colorasmile.org/about_us/

Thursday December 19

“Wellness Packages” for the Holidays

Falcon’s Lounge will be hosting their Wellness Lunch focusing on Winter Wellness.

Students are invited during lunches to create wellness packages to bring home. Each lunch will begin with 20 mins of wellness activity. After brief instructions, students will learn helpful tools to utilize during winter break as they prepare their packages.

Friday December 20

Early Dismissal:

Circle topic: Mental wellness and Self Care

(Template Attached)

For those who would like, Ms. Mitchell has attached additional mindfulness resources to this email.