Cha-Ching! It’s National Scholarship Month

Did you know that November is national scholarship month? Not many people know about it. National Scholarship month was developed in 1988, by Scholarship America, a non-profit organization that works directly with students, parents, colleges, businesses and communities to help students fulfill their college dreams. Since it was founded in 1958, Scholarship America has distributed $4.5 billion to more than 2.8 million students … and counting. (https://scholarshipamerica.org)

National scholarship month became a month to make people aware of scholarships and to expand access to higher education. Everyone knows that applying for scholarships isn’t an exciting part of high school but getting free money makes it is all worth it. College is expensive but scholarships have made the college fees so much easier for students and parents.

There are scholarships for many things and students can apply for more than one. November is national scholarship month because this is around the time when students start applying for scholarships. Because of scholarships students have the support to help fulfill their dreams of having a bright future. There are so many programs to help students find a scholarship that’s best for them. Scholarships are very important and help make a difference especially when Covid-19 started.

Scholarship America has distributed $4.3 Billion dollars to more than 2.6 million students. Scholarships are given to students of all ages and levels of education. Winning a scholarship can be the most powerful and exciting thing that can happen to a high school student. Students with disadvantaged backgrounds can have a professional and academic life with the help of scholarships.

Many scholarships providers post information about new scholarships for the new academic year on their websites. You can just Google Scholarships and get a long list of possible ones to apply for. Scholarships that pay even 15% can help so much with the fees for college expenses.

I am thankful for the scholarship because I know if I ever get the glory of winning one, I know that I won’t have to worry about the expenses as much. The people who made scholarships possible have such a good mindset and understanding for people who can’t afford it. It’s also important to know about scholarships because if you can’t afford college and you win one, it helps your chance of having a great future.