Manchester Regional High School

Falcon Flyer

Manchester Regional High School

Falcon Flyer

Manchester Regional High School

Falcon Flyer

November is National U.S. Military Family Month

Every November in the U.S. is Military Family Month. Since 1996, the President of the U.S. has signed a proclamation declaring November as Military Family Month. Veterans in every military branch are celebrated throughout the month of November, especially on Nov. 11 also known as “Veterans Day.” Many organizations, businesses and charities honor and thank Veterans and their families for the sacrifices they’ve had to make. 

Nearly 5.2 millions service members and their families are celebrated and thanked for the support and honor they give our nation everyday. Constant tours, deployments, and rotations are difficult for many military families of any kind. Some ways we can give back to Veterans is expressing your gratitude, donating to Military support organizations and advocating for Military support as well. 

Military families all around the world are honored through community dinners, military discounts, special awards/recognitions and family fun nights. Businesses all around the U.S. give Veterans Day discounts to give back to them as a thanks for all their service and sacrifices.  Many schools hold a Veterans day and if a student has a parent or someone in their family. Veterans can come talk to the students about their experiences in the military, stories and pieces of advice. 

Veterans and their families deserve all of the honoring and celebration the US can provide to them. They make many sacrifices every day for this country. Veterans are made to honor and be seen as a role model to many young children.